Welcome to the Department of Recreation, Sport and Tourism (RST) undergraduate advising page. Let’s get started with some basic information below. But, first, a little about us.
My name is LoriKay Paden and I am the undergraduate advisor for RST. I’m here to answer your questions, to provide information and support, and to help you succeed. Trained peer advisors are also available to lend a helping hand. Please check this site regularly for information, office hours, resources, and more.
220 Huff Hall
1206 South Fourth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
LoriKay Paden: 217-300-3787, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you wondering what careers await you in the leisure services field?
- Learn more about career opportunities in Recreation, Sport and Tourism
- See a list of job titles that could be your career path
- Watch a YouTube video about a variety of jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions about RST for current and prospective students
Make sure you like our Facebook or Follow us on twitter (RST Advising) for instant updates on hours, jobs and more! RST-Illinois Advising
RST Course Requirements
We won’t kid you, getting to your dream job requires commitment and plenty of hard work. Core courses are combined with an internship to give you real-world experience. If you have questions about any of the courses listed in the concentration curriculums below, please send them our way.
Thinking of Transferring to RST?
Like what you see about careers and courses in the Department of Recreation, Sport and Tourism? Would you like information about becoming an RST student? RST is the place to be! Stop by during drop ins.
Join STAR! Find out more information about this great student led organization.
Learn more here!
Recreation, Sport and Tourism Drop-In Advising Times
All Advising meetings are held in 220 Huff Hall.
Hours subject to change, please check this site regularly!
Please make your advising appointment today!!
Stay up to date with our RST Facebook Page:
Drops in hours, announcments and more listed there!!
Drop In Hours:
During Peak Advising Time - (February 23 - April 10) we do not have very limited drop in hours - watch the Facebook Advising page for those!
RST Advising drop in hours and Important Information
To help make your drop-in more efficient:
- Email LoriKay ahead of time
- Include "drop-in" in the subject line
- In the body of your email, include your UIN and a brief description of what you will be coming in to discuss.
- Need an Appointment? just call 217-300-3787 or stop by 220 Huff Hall
Our Volunteer Peer advisors are trained to help you with your basic advising needs! Stop by
Daily! Usually here 9-5! Call first to be safe: 217.300.3787
The hours are subject to changes - feel free to call first (217)300-3787 or email email@example.com first!!
Stop by and meet the Peer Advisors:
Alexis, Lauren, Marissa, Schafaris, Taylor, & Jackie!
Peer Advisors can assist with:
- Running DARS Audits
- Guiding students by providing academic, personal and social resources
- Providing forms
- Answering questions
- Setting appointments
- Helping with registration, schedule planning, etc.Other Information and Resources
Campus resources at your fingertips! See the list of RST Quick Campus Resources